The Anglo-American School of Sofia (AAS) is a private, co-educational, non-profit day school for children ages 4 to 19. The campus is in a magnificent setting and has state of the art facilities.
AAS has three divisions:
- Elementary School: Preschool (starts at 4 years old) to Grade 5
- Middle School: Grades 6 to 8
- High School: Grades 9 to 12
Instruction is in English by experienced, expert staff from across the globe and delivered in a friendly and engaging atmosphere. Our curriculum draws on the best practice from US, UK, Canada and other International schools and is designed to meet the challenges of our mission statement to: engage, support and prepare each student for today and tomorrow. It culminates in the robust International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) in Grades 11 and 12 - in which AAS students score well above the world and regional average - and this enables students to also fulfill the criteria for an American High School diploma.
AAS is fully accredited by The Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We are an authorized International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) World School. The school is also a member of good standing with The Central Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA), The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and The European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
Applying to AAS
Before beginning the application be sure to have the following ready so they can be uploaded:
- A recent photo of the student - in JPG form.
- Passport copies of the student and both parents or guardians - in separate JPG or PDF files.
- Latest end-of-year progress reports - in separate PDF files.
- Previous years progress reports - in separate PDF files.
- Email addresses of homeroom teacher (preschool - grade 5) and English, Maths, Counselor/Principal (grades 6-12)
Application documents will be reviewed only after all completed documents have been received by the school. All student records should be officially translated into English. The admission procedure may require placement tests and/or interviews.
Please review our extensive website which is full of great information about our school: www.aas-sofia.org